Cybersecurity Information Security Engineer - Bangalore, IN - Micro Focus
Title: Senior Information Security Engineer
Senior Information Security Engineer evaluates, integrates, manages, and optimizes next-generation endpoint protection solutions and strategies, performs security assessments, analyzes vulnerabilities and threats, and coordinates with Security Operations and Incident Response teams to protect Micro Focus’ networks and assets.
This role requires deep understanding of network security, risks, threats and prevention measures. Familiarity with the management and operation of a wide range of cyber security technologies across antivirus, firewall, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, and threat analysis domains.
- Manages and continuously enhances the detection and response capabilities within endpoint monitoring solutions.
- Makes recommendations to improve maturity upon existing tools and capabilities to protect the company network.
- Coordinates with incident response, security operations, and IT operations teams on vulnerabilities, threats, and network security related issues.
- Develops, tracks and analyzes actionable metrics to continuously improve tooling and procedures and provide visibility of operations to management.
- Provides simple solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Performs security assessments and vulnerability analysis on company assets.
Required Experience And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study.
- 7-10 years of experience with antivirus endpoint, vulnerability scanning, firewall, IPS/IDS, SIEM, threat intelligence and related COTS cyber security technologies.
- 7-10 years of experience configuring, testing, maintaining, maturing, and integrating security solutions and system management tools.
- Experience with network security and monitoring
- Experience assisting in post-breach response activities
- Experience performing vulnerability management, analysis, and risk assessment activities
- Understanding of AWS Cloud and On Premise Data Centers hosting and security threats.
- Ability to quickly learn, install, configure, manage, monitor and troubleshoot new security tools.
- Create and maintain documentation on security solutions, strategies, and procedures.
- Understanding of Windows, Linux, Mac operating systems, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
- In-depth understanding of SQL and relevant scripting languages such as SPL
- Good verbal and written English communication skills