Software Security Engineer II - Bangalore, IN – CSG
CSG International is looking for an Application Security Engineer II to join our secure development team in Bangalore. This person will run automated source code security scans and penetration tests to identify security vulnerabilities. This person will work with software developers to provide basic secure development guidance. A person in this role develops applications and utilities used to further the secure development processes. The successful candidate will be passionate to learn and share, and work well in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Primary Job Duties
- Run and monitor static source code scans. Notify development teams of scan results. Provide interpretation of results and recommended software code changes to development teams.
- Run application penetration tests and present results and remediation recommendations to application development teams.
- Develop software tools and applications related to the secure development processes
- Perform software composition analysis to identify open source components used in CSG applications
- Study and grow knowledge of security and secure development best practices, leading to a CISSP and/or pen testing certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity or related field, or equivalent experience. Course work must include security and software development courses.
- 2 years of professional software development experience
- 1 year of penetration testing or application security experience. College level Capture the Flag experience can be substituted
- Ability to design and write moderately complex software in Java and/or C#
- Intermediate understanding of cryptography, digital signatures and PKI
- Intermediate knowledge of Internet and Mobile technologies
- Intermediate understanding of security aspects of SQL databases
- Basic understanding of network technology and protocols from a security perspective (TCP/IP, VPNs, Firewalls, IPS, IDS, and DNS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivation to continuously learn about security and software development
Highly Desirable Skills
Experience developing software on an agile team (XP, Scrum, TDD, etc.)