Cyber Security Engineer - IL, US - Impact Networking
The Cybersecurity engineer will perform the following tasks:
- Working with a Business Development Specialist, you will act as a security subject matter expert in prospective client engagements. This is a supporting role to help identify the specific compliance and security needs of the client.
- Conduct pre-assessment interviews to determine client engagement with cybersecurity: current resources, knowledge, systems already in place, etc.
- Security Assessment
- This process includes network discovery of at-risk assets, vulnerability or penetration testing (internal/external), web application testing, social engineering, wireless security testing, user behavior analysis, and analyzing access controls.
- Once this process is complete, the Cybersecurity Engineer must analyze the data to produce a comprehensive report which outlines findings and recommendations.
- Conduct the Cybersecurity Assessment review meeting. This includes walking the client through the technical aspects of the Cybersecurity Assessment documentation and explaining recommendations. This requires the ability to take the technical details and explain them to C-level prospects in a non-technical way.
- Implement the recommendations made during the Cybersecurity Assessment process. This requires the technical skills to implement the core security stack.
- Determine maintenance requirements for the client. This includes ongoing vulnerability management, re-occurring penetration testing, systems monitoring and analysis, and plans to upgrade.
- Perform regularly-scheduled vulnerability and penetration testing, phishing campaigns, exploit remediation, security breach monitoring and investigation, and user training to maintain the client security
Things We Are Looking For
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience planning, researching, and developing cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Knowledge of compliance requirements, including HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOX, GDPR, and SOC (Types I and II)
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Familiarity with the following cybersecurity products and technologies
- Kali Linux
- Cisco Meraki UTM
- Cylance EPP
- Cisco Umbrella DNS
- Proofpoint Email Protection
- BitWarden Password Manager
- Duo MFA
- Qualys Vulnerability Management
- Security Onion
- College graduates with focus on Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Certifications include, but not limited to, CISA, CEH, GSEC/GPEN, CISSP, CISM, CASP
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must be able to do some light lifting