Cyber Security Engineer - Suffolk, VA, US - Apex Systems
Apex Systems has an exciting opportunity to work in Cyber Security with one of our Major Government clients in the Suffolk, VA location! This is a cleared position requiring at least an Interim Secret Level Clearance and a Sec+CE Certification, but offers very competitive pay with a great company! If you are interested please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: The Cybersecurity Engineer provides design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for the security of physical and virtual information networks, systems, applications, and peripheral hardware in support of the Deputy Director, C4 and Cyber Integration (DDC5I) C5 Assessments Division (C5AD) mission and Persistent C5 Environment (PC5E).
- Operate and maintain COTS and GOTS cybersecurity tools, (i.e., Nessus, HBSS, ACAS, IPS, and IDS).
- Identify security issues for remediation and assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Analyze network devices and operating systems (Microsoft, Linux) for compliance with DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements.
- Conduct monthly scans of networks and applications to validate network devices and systems.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Generate and review RMF authorization package artifacts in accordance with DoD 8510.01 and NIST 800-53R4.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new security tools, techniques, and technologies for introduction into networks in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Support projects during events to: 1) install and operate cybersecurity tools on event networks, 2) scan and provide residual risk statements for hosted systems, and 3) manage user access and device or system connections.
- Occasionally travel in support of network events.
- Implement DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements for Microsoft operating systems, services and roles (DNS, AD, etc.) and applications (MS Office).
- Create, deploy, and maintain standardized Windows 10 workstation images, via Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); create and manage domain accounts for large user communities in support of events.
- Assist with the deployment of system updates and patches utilizing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP), and Windows Software Update Services (WSUS).
- Familiarity with DISA SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) tools in securing operating systems and applications.
- Implement DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements for device operating systems, services and roles.
- Experience in applying security policies and controls (802.1x, ACS, STIGs, encryption devices).
- Experience with Firewalls, IP Tables, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewall devices, IP routing (including OSPF, BGP, EBGP, IBGP, BSR, and MPLS protocols), switching, or multicast.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Educational equivalency for this position is defined as at least five (5) years of related experience with computer network and application software installation, troubleshooting, networking operations, and maintenance; and
- Must meet at least two (2) of the following requirements and the experience must have been obtained within the past five (5) years:
- One (1) year experience as an administrator on Microsoft computing environments employing Windows Server 2012 (or newer), Windows 10 (or newer) client operating system, or LINUX Red Hat operating systems.
- One (1) year experience in configuring and customizing classified and unclassified desktop and laptop computer systems, optimizing internal memory use, resolving hardware/software interrupt conflicts, and installing device drivers.
- One (1) year experience managing and working on local area network (LAN) administration, operation, and architecture with a mixture of a minimum of 30 client systems.
- One (1) year experience integrating and configuring switches, hubs, routers, bridges, repeaters, multiplexers, and gateways in data communications systems.
- One (1) year experience in virtual environments simulating a hardware platform, operating system, storage device, or network resources.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 1