Junior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst - VA,US - Verizon
- The Cyber Intelligence Analyst role is a position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and able to think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape.
- Process both internal and external Cyber Threat Intel for determination of potential threat and impact, hunting to determine potential scope, and implementation of mitigations to defend Verizon’s enterprise; this includes reports from law enforcement, security researchers, industry leaders and governmental agencies.
- Support in conducting pivoting analysis on Threat Intelligence to identify current impact or proactively process mitigations for defense through security technologies and proactive mitigations including zero-day patching identification, anomalous behavior, and recommendations of remediation action
- Aide in development, creation, and optimization of current and new reporting methods of Intelligence analysis to peers and team members for purposes of situational awareness and making Intelligence actionable
- Support the Threat Management Center during incident response and threat monitoring activities to include intelligence context and analysis support, provide industry expertise and recommend relevant remediation and countermeasures
- Conduct trending and correlation of cyber intelligence for the purposes of attribution and establish strategic countermeasures to increase Verizon’s defenses, including customized signatures, in-house identified indicators of compromise and behaviors associated with targeted behavior, with support from the Threat Monitoring team
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
- Even better if you have...
- Previous experience with Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
- Previous experience working with hunting tools and technologies
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threat intelligence related to cyber attackers
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple business organizations
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience. This job role is considered entry level with expected scholastic knowledge and limited job-related experience
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, and/or Security+) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment