SOC Lead - LiveRamp - CA, US
- Plan, coordinate, and control/manage the restoration of simple, complex or high impact system problems that occur within the production and corporate environments of LiveRamp's systems.
- Develop strong working relationships with support teams, management and cross functional working groups.
- Ensure appropriate governance over Managed Service Providers, managing and maintaining information security technologies.
- Provide appropriate inputs to the problem management process while supporting other team members in processes and techniques used to manage significant incidents.
- Provide oversight of the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC) and Security working teams to support security monitoring, protection, and delivery of security services for the organization.
- Own responsibility for overall situational awareness, security posture and continued/active communication and escalation channels between various teams and working groups within the organization, and with external vendors or security service providers.
- Identify SOC and Incident Response processes and standards across the organization.
- Own the critical process steps – detection, validation, containment, remediation, and communication – for security events and incidents such as malware infections, potential compromise, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), etc.
- Drive strategy for Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and oversee the effectiveness of the technology and process. Involve appropriate tuning, correlation of critical logs, connection to incident response process, and reporting of relevant metrics.
- Lead the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) by responding to critical security incidents and leading escalation teams with response, containment and remediation.
- Provide guidance to develop, maintain and promote a set of security operations playbooks with internal IT teams and external working groups to effectively trigger and execute the security incident response process.
Manage the current state of logging and monitoring across infrastructure and applications, maintain a vision of ideal state of logging and monitoring, and drive a prioritized roadmap to reduce the gaps.
- Propose new standards, tools, policies and procedures to improve security, compliance and risk management activities based on security operations findings, or security events or incidents.
- Report status on activities, issues, projects, etc. to senior management, including the effectiveness and efficiency of security activities.
- Collaborate with IT teams and security colleagues to ensure audit readiness, and to prepare for internal and external audits.
- Handle conflict situations and make critical decisions while driving incident response.
- Five years minimum experience in three or more of the following:
- Cybersecurity operations and maintenance environment
- Implementation and/or maintenance of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) in the cloud
- Network/System traffic/event analysis
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Monitoring
- Operating system security (Windows & Linux)
- Network Security technologies
- Penetration testing tool sets