In this internet world network traffic analysis is very common word, but you do not know the definition of it properly. Here you will get all the question-answer of your requirement.
Network Traffic Analysis is a network monitoring method that identifies the anomalies that include security and operational issues. There is very common usage of NTA, those are
- It believes in collecting real-time historical record, and it keeps the note whatever is happening into the network.
- It helps to detect malware through ransomware activity.
- Network Traffic Analysis detect to use the vulnerability protocol, which is cophers.
- This troubleshoots the slow network and tries to make it fast.
- It also improves internal visibility to eliminate blind spots.
You need to implement this solution so that you can continuously monitor the network traffic. This will optimized network performance that can minimize the attack surface, improve management, enhance security, and much more.
Anyways, how much network traffic can monitor the data source is not enough. It is better that you consider the data source as per your network monitoring tool.
Network Traffic Analysis Features
The most effective network traffic analysis includes few key features; those are below
- Broad Visibility- This network communications are very traditional with the TCP/IP style packets. This virtual network traffic does everything within the cloud workload, and it is one type of serverless computing instance. NTA can monitor and analyze the varieties of communication in the real-world.
- Encrypted Traffic Analysis- When more than 70 percent of web traffic got encrypted, organisation needs to access the method for decrypting their network. It maintains the network traffic without any disrupting data with the privacy implication. This solution can deliver the security professional to uncover the network threats, and it also analyses the full payload which is in peek.
- Entity Tracking- This tool also offers the ability to track the entities of the network, which include users, devices, destination, application, and much more. It works as a machine learning that attributes the behavior and relationship as entities that provide the infinity for the organisation compared to the static list of IP addresses.
- Comprehensive Baseline- It is every changing the modern IT environment. This can track the unique behavior, and it includes a small number of entities which is directly compared with the bulk entities in the environment. When underlying data available, NTA’s behavior gets changes with the machine learning baseline. It has tracking capabilities, which are even more comprehensive where they understand the source and the entity’s destination. In this traffic pattern also is different.
- Detection and response- Since this NTA tool attributes the behavior into entities, many ample contexts is available for the detection, and it also gives the answer for workflow. Security professionals no need to sift the multiple data, which include DHCP and DNS login. It will configure the management database, which will gain comprehensive visibility. It will also detect anomalies quickly and decisively track them so that it can determine the root cause and you can react accordingly.
What to look for in an NTA solution
- Unified visibility driven by context- The Visibility allows your team to understand you better, which is connected with the network. Greater visibility is one part of the solution, and it should provide you the context where the user will know about your network.
Not only this, even he will know with which device they are interacting, from where they are accessing the network, which type of data they are sharing, and much more. Context-driven visibility is very critical when risk management involved in it. You can follow the risk management strategy and develop the mitigation step to implement the network segment.
- Advanced threat detection- NTA can provide the solution of everything immediately with high accuracy. That time it becomes easy to detect the threat which will have bypasses the perimeter. It has originated within the business by using multiple techniques which includes behavioral modeling and machine learnings process.
It get infused with the threat intelligence which can correlate with the local threat in the global campaign where security term can respond effectively.There is the recent rise in encrypted traffic, and it is more than 70 percent of malware excepted and encrypted. NTA can able to analyse the traffic which has come from the threats. This mainly helps to detect the threats like control and command attacks, DDoS attacks, ransomware, unknown malware, illicit crypto mining, and much more.
- Integration for accelerated response: This is the combination of context-driven enterprise that is visible worldwide. It is advanced with the analytical techniques and the result is threat response. All types of attack is begins with some early signs of suspicious activity like post access, remote access, restricted ports, etc.
Through this, you can check the continuous traffic analysis that can pinpoint the behavior and also identify the threat that has originated and the target. Through this, threat is getting spread laterally. This allows the security analyst for immediate remediation action. NTA solution must be able to integrate with the existing security control where you can extend the investigation and provide response across the endpoint, cloud, network, and other applications.
NTA is designed so that it always presents the user-friendly network traffic that has the proper web-based interface. Therefore, it can work as a root cause of the bandwidth issues. This network tool can help identify the peak bandwidth usage within the network displaying in the top talkers.