Certified Linux Security Expert - Hardening Your Linux Environment - Scratch to Advanced Level
Hardening the Linux environment such as servers, Desktop, Linux Directories, storage, and file systems in your organization is always a challenging task, and assigning the skilled linux security professionals is a most important concern to protect the network from the cyber attack.
Due to popularity, the Linux environment is always targeting dangerous campaigns - despite its heralded security. Threat actors have come to view Linux servers as yet another viable target that often provides a valuable return on investment.
There are thousands of Linux based threats from APT hackers who are recording each and every day and the hackers always finding a new way to bypass the Linux environment to steal and data from the networks.
What Will You Learn from Linux Environment Security?
Linux security experts from Ethical Hackers Academy have developed the advanced Linux security course that focuses on the most important linux security concepts with practical demonstrations of the following efficient security measures.
- Provides protection against unauthorized access within the corporate network that configured with the Linux environment.
- Can protect your mixed environment against advanced Linux malware and cyber attacks.
- Scans malware on mail servers, web servers, and file servers, as well as endpoints
- Protects system files against unauthorized modifications
- Extensive monitoring and alerting functions to notify administrators about infected content
- Easy deployment and management with Policy Manager, even for multiple servers
- Superior detection rates with multiple scanning engines.
- learning Linux hacking tools
- Check the file systems and set correct permissions and ownerships on all directories and files
- Apply security patches to vulnerable software
- Remove all unnecessary ttys and console logins by removing the entry from /etc/security
- Check system logs (eg: /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure, etc.)
What Will You Learn from Linux Network Security?
- Use custom security scripts that will send out notifications when sshing as root, creating a user with uid of 0, etc.
- Set up an idle timeout, so that idle users will be logged out after a certain amount of time.
- Restrict direct root login (comment out the PermitRootLogin login option in sshd_config).
- Limit user’s resources (using pam, specify the limits for each user in /etc/security/limits.conf).
- Hide the server details. Remove /etc/issues and /etc/issues.net, for example.
- Install a firewall (eg: apf and iptables) and only allow ports that the box needs for its normal functions to operate; block all other ports to prevent mischief.
- Deploy honeynets for intrusion detection.
- Restrict ssh to specific IP addresses and specific users.
- Use a quality VPN to encrypt data between you and your server.
- Check router firmware for security vulnerabilities and eliminate potential bugs with a Linux firmware replacement.
Course Modules and Syllabus
- Complete Linux Security Concepts with Practical Examples 2020
- Linux Security Expert - Administrator Level 2020
Who Can Take this Course
- Linux Security Engineer
- security Analyst
- Security Administrator
- Network Security Engineer
- SOC Analyst
- SOC Incident Handler
- SOC incident responder
- security Engineer
Linux Security Expert Training Course Duration & Access
|2||350+ Hands-on Exercises|
|3||300+ HD Videos|
|4||30+ Hours of Content|
|5||Watch Video from Android & iOS Apps|
|6||Life Time Access Content|
|7||24/7 Live Technical support|
|8||Complete Practical Training|
|10||Guidance to Setup the Own Lab|